Sunday, May 15, 2016

pink tiger bohemian babydoll dresses

I've been wanting to try out the Bohemian Babydoll Dress by Elegance and Elephants for a long time... ever since it was released, actually! I've seen so many cute examples online, plus one of my friends who loves the pattern has been encouraging me with all of the adorable dresses she has sewn for her daughters. I finally sewed some up and I'm so glad I did!

Ever since baby girl was born in February, I've been dying to make some matching dresses for my daughters, and since this pattern includes sizes from 6M-9Y it seemed like the perfect fit. 


I used an adorable pink tiger fabric by Cotton + Steel for the skirt and a dark denim for the bodice. Denim is one of my all-time-favorite fabrics to use in clothing because it pairs with everything and it helps tone down all the busy prints that I always seem to buy! 


The dresses came together easily and turned out beautiful. I especially love the flutter sleeves (with pink tigers peeking out from underneath!) and the facing detail on the hi-lo hemline skirt. I also have to say that I really enjoyed the fact that there are no closures on this dress, so when I was done sewing it was finished... no buttons to sew or buttonholes to agonize over. So nice!


I made a 6-12 month size for my baby and it is still a little big so I haven't taken a photo of her wearing it yet. I also just realized that I should really make a matching diaper cover. I'll add that to my project list! My 3-year-old got a size 4T since she is pretty big for her age. It fits perfectly but I was surprised at how short it is on her. She's tall so that's nothing new, but it made me realize that I should start lengthening her skirts from here on out so that they will last longer.


All-in-all, we love the new dresses! I especially can't wait to get a photo of the girls wearing them together sometime this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!