Friday, June 12, 2015

urban garden dress

I was fortunate to be able to help test the new Urban Garden Dress and Tank by Terri of Sew Straight and Gather. After testing several new patterns in the last several months (see here and here and here and here), I can honestly say that one of my favorite parts of testing is that it helps me branch out and try new patterns and techniques that I may not have chosen on my own. Sometimes I get into a bit of a sewing rut and only sew things that I know or am comfortable with. Testing encourages me to try out a pattern I may not have otherwise... and who knows? It might even become a new favorite!


I think it's safe to say this is one of those times! The Urban Garden Dress and Tank features an optional neck ruffle, a racerback design and a high-low hemline. The bodice is designed for knit fabrics and the skirt can be sewn with either knit or woven fabric. It is cute, comfy and super trendy!



It sewed up pretty easily. The knit binding around the neckline and arms was a bit tricky and time consuming, but beyond that it was super simple and straightforward. My daughter loves it and after trying it on for pictures, she insisted on wearing it all day! I think I'll be making the tank version next!


The Urban Garden Dress and Tank is on sale now at the Sew Straight and Gather shop - only $6.00 until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!