Wednesday, March 25, 2015

happy second birthday!

My sweet girl celebrated her second birthday just a little over a month ago. While it is still hard for me to believe that she is two, this new age is such fun and I just love the little person she is becoming. Just in the last couple months she has gone from looking and acting like a baby to looking and acting like a "big girl." While we certainly have our challenges (and of course the related tantrums and meltdowns), it is so nice that she is getting old enough to reason with and explain things to. She is developing her own interests (it kind of feels like we have Frozen on a continual loop around here lately) and sense of humor that is so fun to see and experience. So far, two has been great!


We celebrated her birthday with a small party, just the three of us plus my in-laws who live in the area. Small but sweet. We had an owl theme because that has been one of my daughter's favorite animals for awhile... in fact, that was the first animal sound she learned to say! She wore her owl geranium dress with a pair of green go-to leggings (never shared on the blog) and some bows I made using this tutorial.




I set up a party table (similar to last year) and my daughter and I baked a pink cake together (she LOVES to bake with me). I made owl invitations and owl balloons. The balloons were supposed to be helium-filled but we ran into some problems so I ended up just propping them up around the house... still cute. 




The day was lots of fun. My daughter was THRILLED with her presents and her cake and just beamed as we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She had been talking about her party and her pink cake for weeks leading up to the big day, so she was just so excited that it was actually happening.



Happy Birthday, Little One! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best posts :D Hooray for birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!