Friday, October 10, 2014

yellow apple étage dress

Another Étage Dress today! As I mentioned in my previous post, I had the opportunity to help Terri of Sew Straight Pattern Company test her newest pattern, the Étage Dress & Top.

The pattern was released on Wednesday of this week and is on sale through today, so be sure to check it out in her shop!

Etage Dress by Sew Straight Patterns, sewn by Dandelions and Lace

As I mentioned before, this pattern is designed for knit fabrics and the dress has four flowy tiers, while the top has three. Depending on fabric and styling, this pattern can be as perfect for church as it is for playtime. There are three sleeve options - sleeveless, cap sleeve and half sleeve. Just think of all the fun fabric combinations you could make with the different layers!

etage dress by Sew Straight Patterns,sewn by Dandelions and Lace

While I wouldn't call this pattern difficult to sew, it does require some concentration. The layers need to all be positioned just so for the finished dress to have the correct look and there are a lot of pieces to work with. But if you clearly label your pieces, double check your work before stitching and most importantly, take your time, you will fall in love with how quickly the dress comes together.

etage dress by Sew Straight Patterns, sewn by Dandelions and Lace

For this Étage, I alternated an neon colored apple jersey knit with a yellow sparkle knit. It turned out bright and fun. I'm hoping this dress will last my daughter until next summer, because she loves wearing it so much already, and I know she will love it even more once she learns to twirl.

etage dress by Sew Straight Patterns, sewn by Dandelions and Lace

Another fun aspect of this pattern is the fact that hemming the tiers in different ways can give you a completely different look. In my first Étage, I didn't hem the tiers at all. In this dress I alternated a single-fold hem with a lettuce edge hem and really love how it turned out.

etage dress by Sew Straight Patterns, sewn by Dandelions and Lace

I had such a great experience testing this pattern and can't wait to see what the Sew Straight Pattern Company comes up with next!

Be sure to check out the pattern here and remember it is on sale for the rest of today!

etage dress by Sew Straight Patterns, sewn by Dandelions and Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!