Friday, October 24, 2014

kid's clothes week: owl bimaa sweater

Two posts in one day!!? What is going on??!

bimaa sweater by loubee clothing, sewed by dandelions and lace

Another project I sewed up for my daughter for Kid's Clothes Week is an owl Bimaa Sweater. It is my first time sewing this pattern by LouBee Clothing (got it in a pattern bundle awhile back) and I want to start out by saying... I LOVE THIS PATTERN! I can totally see why it is so popular. It was sooo easy (and quick!) to sew up and turned out so cute. I will definitely be making more.

bimaa sweater by loubee clothing, sewed by dandelions and lace

I used owl and chevron knits from JoAnn. My daughter is obsessed with owls and loves this fabric, so even though she is starting to have opinions about what she wears, I didn't have any trouble getting her to try this on. It is a slim fitting pattern, so I was slightly concerned about a 2T being too snug, but I went ahead with it and it came out perfectly. I chose the cowl version, but there is also a hood and a shawl collar option.

bimaa sweater by loubee clothing, sewed by dandelions and lace

bimaa sweater by loubee clothing, sewed by dandelions and lace

The theme of this season's Kid's Clothes Week is "Storybook" and even though I didn't base this outfit on any particular book, I thought I'd share a few of our favorite books about owls.

Little Owl's Night by Divya Srinivasan is a sweet story that tells of the forest animals and places that Little Owl visits during the nighttime darkness. I love the artwork, especially the depictions of the night slowly turning into day.

Owl Babies by Martin Waddell tells of three baby owls (Sarah and Percy and Bill!) who wake up to find their mother gone. They become concerned for awhile but in the end are reassured that their mother will always come back.

A Book of Sleep by Il Sung Na shows the owl observing all the different ways that animals sleep. It ends with the animals waking up in the morning and the owl finally going to sleep himself. Gorgeous!

Do you have any owl books to recommend for me and my little owl lover? I'd love to hear!

bimaa sweater by loubee clothing, sewed by dandelions and lace

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is an awesome & adorable shirt! You can make me one of those anytime. Even with the owl print. I would SO wear that. But I'm sure it looks better on her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would make you one except the pattern only comes in kid sizes . :( Maybe someday I'll sew something else for you :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!