Friday, October 17, 2014

fall and other things

Hi there!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I haven't posted much lately, but that is certainly not because I haven't been busy. I've had lots of projects going... both sewing and otherwise. Here's what I've been up to in the last several weeks.

* A visit to the fair! Yes, the Texas State Fair is in town, so my husband, daughter and I spent a day there two weekends ago. We ate corny dogs, chicken in a waffle, the world's best cinnamon roll and other yummy treats. We visited Big Tex, and the petting zoo and my daughter rode her first carousel (and loved it!). I paid special attention to all the arts and crafts ribbon winners... I just might enter something next year!


* The pumpkin patch! Another fall must-do. My daughter was sooo excited to see all the pumpkins and ride in a wagon, but it got quite hot that day and after a few minutes of looking for the *perfect* pumpkin, we were all ready to grab the next pumpkin we saw and get back to the air conditioning!


* Company! We had visitors for a few days last week... my friend from Indiana and her daughter who is about the same age as mine came to visit. We spent a day at the Arboretum (the new Children's Garden is amazing!) and a day at the Aquarium and lots of time playing at our house. What a fun time. My daughter cried inconsolably after her little playmate had to leave... until I was finally able to distract her with a trip to the library!


* Craft Hope! I'm working on something for the current project - {Project 25} We Are Kenya. I will share more when I am finished. Check out the link if you feel inspired to craft for a good cause!

* Kid's Clothes Week! This season's Kid's Clothes Week starts on Monday, so hop to it if you are interested in participating! I am still working on firming up my plans and goals for the week, but here are some project I have in mind: 1// A dress for my daughter's Halloween costume (still a surprise!). I am trying to make it so that the dress can be worn anytime and not just as a costume. 2// A winter jacket(?). I have the Nituna pattern and am very inspired by this beautiful example. Not sure if I will get to this or not because I haven't yet found the perfect fabric for a coat. 3// A couple long sleeved shirts that my daughter can wear when it starts getting cooler. Planning to use a comfy knit pattern - probably either the Nessie Top or Bimaa Sweater since I already own both of these patterns. 4// Some Go To Leggings
I think these projects will be really doable, especially if I prep my patterns and fabric this weekend. They are all practical items that will get a lot of wear, too, so that is nice. (I also welcome pattern suggestions!)

Well, that's most of what's been on my mind (besides the craziness that has been Dallas during this recent Ebola madness... but I won't bore you with all that!). I'm sure you'll hear lots more from me next week during Kid's Clothes Week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all have been having lots of fun! So glad your friend could come and visit!! Such a great list for Kids Clothes Week!! I think I may actually get it together to participate this year- working on the Halloween costume, so I kind of have to! Good luck and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thank you for the sweet note. Good luck with your Halloween costume and any other KCW sewing you might do!

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!