Friday, September 26, 2014

hello and an étage dress

Hello you guys! Long time, no blog! My blogging goal at the beginning of the year was to get in at least one post a week and I was doing pretty well up until mid-August and now I've totally blown it. Oops.

I guess I just got busy and blogging didn't seem like the thing to do. I did some contract work on an exhibit, we had carpet put in our whole upstairs (which meant bringing everything that was up there down... and then back up... whew), I've been doing a little pattern testing, and I've been enjoying the gorgeous fall weather we've had this past week.

Etage Dress sewed by Dandelions and Lace, pattern by Sew Straight and Gather

Oh, did you catch the part about the pattern testing?? Because that's what I'm here to share with you today. I've been part of the team helping Terri from Sew Straight and Gather and Sew Straight Pattern Company test out her new, almost-but-not quite-released pattern, the Étage Dress & Top.

And what a fun pattern! The dress has four cascading layers of flowy knit that is both dressy and casual and perfect for twirling!

Etage Dress sewed by Dandelions and Lace, pattern by Sew Straight and Gather

There are three sleeve options (half, short and no-sleeve) and the top option is just as adorable as the dress! I'll be sharing one of those shortly.

To top it off, Terri, the pattern designer, is super-sweet and such a perfectionist that she has gone back and made revisions to the pattern several times to make sure it is exactly as it should be. So, I can't give you a release date yet, because it is still being tweaked, but know that it will be worth the wait!


For my Étage, I used super-thin floral and striped knit from JoAnn for the bodice and bottom two tiers of the dress, then I used a thicker Ponte de Roma solid black knit for the lining and first tier. I think it turned out just adorable and my daughter loves wearing it! So comfy! Know that the pattern has gone through some slight revisions since this dress was made, but it will be very similar to this when it is finished.

Etage Dress sewed by Dandelions and Lace, pattern by Sew Straight and Gather

So cute!

Etage Dress sewed by Dandelions and Lace, pattern by Sew Straight and Gather

Be sure to check out Terri's shop in the coming weeks for the Étage's official release. You won't want to miss it! :)

**Update** The Étage Dress & Top pattern is now available HERE and on sale through Friday, October 10!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so wonderful in that dress!!! She's dancing!! And really nice job on the sewing of it too :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!