Thursday, July 3, 2014

easy infinity scarf

I found a pretty piece of knit jersey fabric in the remnant bin at JoAnn a few weeks ago and just had to have it! When I got home and looked at it more closely, I realized that it was a bit too see-through to make a top for my daughter - which is what I had originally been planning.

easy infinity scarf by dandelions and lace

So I thought about it for a little while and decided that it would make a perfect scarf. An infinity scarf! And the fabric is super lightweight - so perfect for summer.

easy infinity scarf by dandelions and lace

This was simple to make and took me less than half an hour to whip up. There are lots of tutorials online, but I based my scarf on the tutorials here and here. Basically, you are sewing the fabric into a tube and then sewing the ends of the tube together to make a loop. Easy peasy.

easy infinity scarf by dandelions and lace

I've decided to give this to my sister along with then Snappy Mani Pouch I shared last week. She's a scarf wearer (I'm really not, though sometimes I consider it!), so I'm hoping it will get lots of use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!