Wednesday, June 18, 2014

grey and gold nessie top

I'm back with another Nessie Top for my girlie. (Remember I made my first Nessie Top for Kid's Clothes Week back in January?)

nessie top by CINO, sewed by dandelions and lace

The Nessie Top is a pattern by Jess at Craftiness is Not Optional and I just love it for its simple-to-make, breezy-to-wear, comfy-fitting goodness. Oh, and she's wearing the puppet show shorts I shared last week - double handmade clothing win!

nessie top by CINO, sewed by dandelions and lace

This time I made the shirt with short sleeves (duh - Texas summer!) and upped the sizing to 18-24 months for my ever-growing child. I used the same grey and gold jersey striped knit that I used for my flop of a Plantain t-shirt a few weeks back. I'm giving the Plantain shirt to one of my sisters and she requested a matching shirt for my daughter so that the two of them could be twinsies in their matching handmade fabulousness. Photos coming soon!

Not much else to say except that this shirt goes together so quickly. Seriously, make a whole bunch. You won't regret it. 

nessie top by CINO, sewed by dandelions and lace

In other news... why has no one ever warned me about the trials and tribulations of squirmy toddler diaper changes? O.M.G. The amount of kid wrangling here lately is ridiculous, and Mommy usually loses. Not so bad with the wet diapers, but the others... ugh.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!