Tuesday, May 20, 2014

retro izzy top

I just couldn't help myself and had to sew up another Izzy Top. If you follow my blog, you may notice that once I find a good pattern, I usually make two... Olivia dress one and two, Snappy toddler top (made a second as a gift), Geranium dress one and two, Puppet Show shorts one and two, Izzy Top one and now two... I guess it's just what I do!

retro 1960s fabric Izzy top

Anyway, this one is super cute. I used all vintage fabric from my Grandmother's stash. The top is solid red and the bottom is a 1960s hearts and daisies retro/mod print. I love it. I have always loved this print and am so glad I finally found a way to use it. I only have about 5 inches left so I'm glad I didn't wait until my girlie was much bigger or I wouldn't have had enough! (If you love the fabric too, I found some on Etsy!)

retro 1960s fabric Izzy top

Have you been following along with Vintage May on Craftiness is Not Optional and Skirt as Top? I have and I've been loving all the vintage inspiration. Although I'm not officially part of it, I'm considering this my Vintage May contribution! What can I say, I've been inspired!

retro 1960s fabric Izzy top

And I have lots more vintage fabric where that comes from... I'm going to make more of an effort to use it in my sewing from here on out.

retro 1960s fabric Izzy top

2 comments:

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!