Monday, May 5, 2014

izzy top + puppet show shorts

My daughter loves drawers... opening them, closing them and especially stashing things in them. Which makes for fun little surprises for me. In the last week, I have found a rubber pig in my cookie cutter drawer, a toy phone in my leftover containers drawer, and a bale of hay in my... um... feminine necessities drawer. Thanks, sweetie! :)

izzy top + puppet show shorts

Anyway. As I mentioned in my post a couple weeks ago, I LOVE the Oliver + S Puppet Show Shorts pattern. My first pair turned out adorable, so I decided to whip up another pair. And they turned out just as cute. But then I decided that they needed a coordinating top and I just couldn't decide what to make. I know I could make the Puppet Show Top, but it just looked so complicated and I really wanted something simple. Finally, I decided on an Izzy Top by Climbing the Willow. It was a very quick sew it turned out so cute. I think I will be making more of these. Plus, the pattern is FREE, so you should go make one too! :)

izzy top + puppet show shorts

For the shorts, I used a lightweight denim I had leftover from another project. I trimmed the leg openings and pockets with a cute navy, green and white floral fabric I was given by a friend. I used the same floral for the top and added the denim to the button tab as a cute coordinating detail. Finally, I added a green vintage button (from my grandma's stash!) to the back and another two buttons as decoration to the front bodice.

izzy top + puppet show shorts

I LOVE how this top turned out. The rounded bodice would never look good on an adult, but on a chubby little toddler it is just delicious! And yes, I am beginning to think of her as a toddler, because... look! She stands! Hooray! Still no walking but she is finally pulling up on everything, so I'm hoping it will be coming soon.

izzy top + puppet show shorts

I made the top in a size 2T and I'm glad I did because I think the 18 months would have been too small. The shorts are 18-24 month size but I'm starting to think I should have maybe sized those up as well, because she is going to grow out of them in no time. Sewing for kids is hard because they grow so dang fast!!

izzy top + puppet show shorts

I have some other (non-sewing) projects that I really need to be working on, but right now I just want to sew. all. the. things. Must resist. (I'll let you know how that goes!)

3 comments:

  1. She's so cute! And the outfit looks adorable on her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much for visiting! I have to say again that I LOVE the top pattern!! I'm going to find an excuse to make another one any day here... :)

      Delete
  2. This outfit is adorable! And your daughter too, obv! I am totally with you on wanting to sew ALL the things! I just keep coming up with project after project I am dying to do!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!