Friday, March 14, 2014

wipes container baby toy

Soo... my sweet darling baby girl just LOVES playing with the wipes in the container. I swear, I can turn away for two minutes, and when I look back, she has pulled the wipes box off the shelf and emptied half of the wipes onto the floor. She always has a sneaky little grin on her face because she knows she shouldn't be doing it, but she just can't help herself. The wipes are so. much. fun. (or so it seems!)

wipes container baby toy

Lately I've been trying to think of something I could make for her to play with that would mimic the fun of the wipes box, without wasting actual wipes. Pinterest to the rescue! The blog A Spotted Pony had already posted exactly what I had in mind.

A simple, simple concept, and you probably have everything you need to make it.

wipes container baby toy

All you need are:
* A plastic wipes box (you could also use a cardboard tissue box, but it wouldn't be quite as sturdy)
* Fabric scraps

I cut 25 different fabric squares from my pile of scraps, trimming them with pinking shears to minimize fraying. Most of them are 5x5" but a few were a little smaller. I tried to pick bright, fun fabrics, and especially fabrics that had animals or other shapes on them.

wipes container baby toy

Throw them all in the wipe box and you are finished! See, easy!

wipes container baby toy

Now give them to a baby or toddler and they will have a great time taking the cloth pieces out and putting them back in. My baby looks for certain fabrics - she likes the one with owls the best, so once she finds that piece, she just carries it around with her or stares at it and babbles. It is also a great way to talk about colors and shapes with an older child.

wipes container baby toy

A cheap, easy toy, but it is sure to please!

wipes container baby toy

[Full disclosure: My baby still likes the real wipes better (of course), BUT this is a good substitute in a pinch!]

Make It and Love It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!