Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"my family" board book

This is not a sponsored post or anything like that... I just wanted to share something that I like and thought some of you might like too!

For awhile I have been wanting to make a photo book for my daughter with pictures of all of her close family members. With some family nearby and some far away, I want her to still be able to learn their names and to always recognize her family. As she approached her first birthday and became more and more interested in looking at pictures, I knew it would be the perfect time to make a book.

I have seen a baby photo book made using a small photo album, and an idea on Pinterest to glue photos over the pages of a board book (presumably one you don't like?!). But I really wanted something more durable, a book that I can give my daughter to look at and know she won't be able to immediately destroy it - either by chewing or ripping... or any other method that she comes up with. 

So I decided that I really wanted a printed board book. I did some internet searches, and the only company that I could find that does what I wanted is called Pint Size Productions. The website allows you to make personalized board books based on templates or from your own design.
[apologizing for my awkward attempt to blur my daughter's name below!]



The book design software was not as intuitive as I've seen on other larger photo book websites, but after spending some time on the site over a period of several days, I finally finished my book. (Not because of the software, but because I'm slow, haha.)

The standard size 16-page books are not cheap - $24.95 plus tax and shipping - but for a keepsake that I know will be so special for my daughter to have, I decided it would be worth it. When I checked out, it said that shipping would take 12-15 business days, so I didn't think it would be here in time for her birthday, but it actually came much faster and was here within about 5 business days.


We love the book. My husband and I can read it to her and talk about all of our family members... and baby girl loves to sit with it and flip through the pictures.


The finish on the cover and the photos is matte rather than glossy. It's fine, and probably makes the book a little more durable, but the photos I submitted seem a bit dark because of it. The only thing I worry about are the top and side edges, they are a little rougher than I expected so I hope they don't start to look too messy with use.


For what it is, though, it's been great! And what a fun way to talk about family with our daughter! I totally recommend this as a gift for a baby or young child.

2 comments:

  1. That is sooo adorable!!! I want one with my family in it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This DOES have your family in it!! :) You even made it into the book yourself... and onto my blog!

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!