Wednesday, March 12, 2014

miscellaneous

Here's what I've been up to this week...



* I have about a million and a half projects going on... taxes, sewing projects, cleaning, photo albums, etc. etc. But instead of finishing anything that is started... I felt compelled to begin THIS. "The World's Smallest 1000 Piece Puzzle." My in-laws sent it home with me this weekend because I squealed with delight at the sight of its perfectly adorable teeny-tiny miniature pieces. Just what I needed. (Not.) But I can't stop! Someone send help.

* The trees are all blooming here and they. are. GORGEOUS! Love it!

* I guess it's spring break week here in Dallas because all of our usual places (Trader Joe's, Half Price Books, Target - I know, I live an exciting life) are super busy. And at Trader Joe's yesterday, the checker asked my daughter and I, "So what are you guys planning to do for spring break?" It was then that it finally dawned on me that this was the cause of all the extra people and all I could reply was... "Um... play... and eat... and sleep... the same things we usually do I guess." I've never been one for quick comebacks or exciting remarks. Ha. :)


* I am *planning* to sew a Cargo Duffle Bag by Noodlehead via the sew-a-long on the blog C'est Le Vie. My fabric came yesterday and it's washed up and ready to be cut. Maybe tonight... if I can pull myself away from my puzzle. I'm using Catnap fabric and I'm so excited to see how it turns out. Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew - it looks like a rather complicated pattern.


* Besides the puzzle, the other thing in the way of my sewing progress are the piles of junk strewn about my craft room. I made the (rather unfortunate) decision to clean and reorganize my craft closet and it looks like an explosion of massive proportions took place all over my floor and desk and workspaces. Yikes. I kind of want to just stuff it all back into the closet and pretend it's organized. But that wouldn't really get me anywhere, so I am trudging along. Don't know where to cut my fabric, though...


* On Saturday, I made Double Chocolate Cake Donuts from Joy the Baker's blog. They were amazing! But my husband, who has a comment for absolutely everything, said "These are just cake in the shape of a donut!" Umm... sorry? I made you donuts, just eat them and don't complain!

* So, now that my daughter is one year old, does that make her a toddler? Because all printed references to her (Babycenter emails, doctor's office info sheets, etc.) refer to her as a toddler. But she can't walk. She's really not even close. Does toddler refer more to an age or a developmental stage? I, for one, refuse to call her a toddler until she can walk. I'm ok with having a baby for a little bit longer. 

* Speaking of my daughter, Kid's Clothes Week is coming up again on April 7-13. How did that happen? I swear the last one just ended. Anyway... what worked for me last time was being super organized. I chose patterns and fabric and even cut most of the fabric before KCW started. I'm going to try to do that again. My goals for this KCW are to make her a romper/sunsuit, following the tutorial on Made by Rae, and a dress for a wedding we are attending in July, probably another Geranium. I think I need at least 1 or 2 more projects to keep me busy, but I haven't decided what yet. Suggestions are welcome. :)


* This gorgeous spring weather makes me want to garden. The problem with that is when summer comes to Texas, my urge to garden goes away completely (ewww, hot!) , and I end up with lots of dead plants. But I still think I will plant some flowers again this year and do my utmost to keep them alive as long as possible. And maybe even some strawberries! I did purchase a basil plant from Trader Joe's a couple weeks ago so that I can try my hand at homemade pesto. I haven't put it outside yet (and it's a good thing, because we had a super hard freeze that would have killed it last week), but now my cat has been chewing on it and doing his best to slowly kill it. Grrr...

If you are still reading this rambly post, I applaud you! A little peek inside my mind... it can be a crazy place and it is always, always going! Stay tuned later this week for a simple tutorial to keep your baby/toddler occupied. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on Kids Clothing Week, I never know when that's coming until everyone starts posting pics of their projects. I totally suggest go to leggings if you are still looking for more projects, easy, fun, adorable! I am working on my 5th pair right now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!