Friday, March 28, 2014

baby gifts

This week I kept busy making an assortment of baby gifts for two new little boys - one born to my cousin and another to my husband's co-worker. I decided to make baprons and burp cloths for both of them, because both things have been so incredibly useful to us.



I used the burp cloth tutorial from the blog MADE. I have sewed up a whole bunch of these over the last couple of years, but I don't believe any of them have made it onto the blog. Quick, easy and really great for wiping spit-up and spills!


I've mentioned the bapron pattern before (here and here). I seriously love these and they get easier to sew each time I make them. I think by now I've made over a dozen!


The fabric is all from the Riley Blake Designs line Farm Fresh by October Afternoon. I found a bundle of fat quarters for a super good price at Tuesday Morning a couple of years ago and have been saving it for the perfect occasion (read: hoarding). I decided I should finally use it and I'm glad I did because these gifts turned out so cute.


Hope these come in handy and get lots of use!

Make It and Love It

5 comments:

  1. really cute. love the fabric. and they are definitely a well used gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, they are so cute and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Definitely pinning this to my Pinterest page for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this fat quarter bundle too! My MIL gave it to me for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny that you have it too! It's fun fabric, so I'm sure you'll find something great to make with it! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!