Wednesday, February 26, 2014

fun times with family

My parents came to stay for a week over my baby girl's birthday. It was soooo wonderful to have them here... in case you were wondering, they live 800+ miles away, so we don't see nearly enough of them.

But they were able to make their flights (sandwiched between harsh midwestern blizzards) and I dare say they appreciated the break in shoveling snow and battling sub-zero temperatures, even if it was only for a week. Because we had a GORGEOUS week here in Texas.

We spent a lot of time at the arboretum. We even had a picnic! In fact, we visited three separate days over their trip. It was lovely and relaxing and we especially couldn't believe how many new flowers had bloomed in between visits. Beautiful!

So this week, baby girl and I are missing Poppy and Nana. We Facetimed (is that a word?) with them on Sunday, and my daughter gave her Nana three big sloppy kisses over the phone. So adorable. And sweet. And also a little sad, because we probably won't see them in person again until July. And babies change so fast. 

But we are so thankful for the memories!!










1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I only wish Alex, Becky, & I could've been there too :D But it looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!