Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sorry for the random..

...but random is the way my brain feels right now, so random is how I blog. :)

* Now that the new year is here, I need to get back into my crafty groove! When I am crafty, I am inspired to blog, and my goal is to blog at least once each week. (Twice if possible, but I will consider once a success!)

* My daughter's favorite new thing to do is to crawl down the hallway to my craft room and then gaze up at my spool holder filled with thread. She loves the colors. I can't blame her, though, because I like to do the same thing! (minus the crawling, of course...)

* Speaking of my craft room, it desperately needs to be organized and tidied up. The holidays did a number on it. And it might benefit me to purge a bit of stuff as well... hard for me to do, but I always feels better after I get rid of some things. Helps me feel like I can breathe again.

* I am gearing up to participate in Kid's Clothes Week at the end of the month. It runs from January 27 - February 3 and for those of you who haven't heard of it, here's the run-down. Basically it's a week where you spend an hour (or more if you want!) a day sewing clothes for your kid(s) and then share your creations with the rest of the KCW community. The idea is that with some concentrated effort, you can get quite a bit done! I am making a list of all the projects I want to do, and I think I am probably being a bit over-ambitious...

First priority is a birthday dress for my February birthday girl. I have decided on a "You are My Sunshine" theme for her little party because it is her very favorite song. I am having a little trouble finding the perfect yellow fabric for a dress, and still haven't decided on what pattern to use - thinking maybe a Geranium dress? Suggestions are welcome for cute dress patterns in 18 month size!

Also thinking I might make some baby leggings, a few circle skirts, possibly a baby cardigan. And I love the new Natty Jane shoe pattern by Delia Creates, but I'm not sure if I'm quite up for that. Is anybody else participating in Kid's Clothes Week this winter? Are there any fun new patterns I should be aware of for my almost-one-year-old?

* I'm hoping to make some design changes to my blog in the coming weeks. I'm kind of an amateur at this, but I would like to update it a bit and make it look more fresh and clean. Maybe that will inspire me to write a bit more!

* And I think this is the year that I will finally take a photography class! I think it will be fun and if I take it in the late winter/early spring, I should have lots of good photo subjects here in Texas. Now to find a good online class...

 Getting off the computer now so I can go be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!