Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 in review

I like to do a yearly review post at the end [or in this case beginning!] of each year. I find that it really helps me to take a step back and realize what I accomplished throughout the year. 2013 was a big one for my family in that we had a baby... so of course this year my review is very baby-centric. But we also had some fun travels, I have started to move in new directions with my sewing and I even spent some time making goodies in the kitchen. A good year overall.



January was all about the bump. I felt like I was just waiting for baby to arrive and it is also when I started feeling really big and uncomfortable, haha.


In February, this happened. And that is all I really need to say. The birth of my daughter was hands down the best event of the year.


I spent the month of March snuggling with our new addition during my maternity leave... and loving every minute of it!!


In April I began to get back to bloggy and crafty mode. I shared some projects from my daughter's nursery, including the DIY book wall, scooter mobile, and crib sheets with ruffle. I also shared my egg-less cookie dough recipe, which has become one of the most popular posts on my blog.


In May, I discussed how blessed I was to be a mother and celebrated my first Mother's Day. I also made whoopie pies, though I didn't actually share them on my blog!


In June I officially became a stay-at-home mom. It has been a wonderful experience overall, but it did take me awhile after that to find my groove.


In July we traveled to Iowa to visit family and also celebrated our daughter's baptism. It was a wonderful trip full of great memories.


In August, I was still taking a summer break from blogging. 100+ degree days are just not very inspiring, haha. Baby girl was learning to sit up, which was very exciting. Also, by the end of the month, she had started eating solid foods! 


In September I began to get my craft back on. I whipped up the curtains for my daughter's room, which had been languishing in my craft room for months, and also finished some decorative hanging pom poms.


In October, I sewed my first dress!! And then another! I also posted my favorite caramel brownie recipe and then sewed a couple pillowcase dresses for Craft Hope. Then I dressed my daughter as a cabbage patch doll for Halloween. A productive and fun month!


In November, I sewed my baby girl an adorable reversible wrap top. I also shared my story of milk donation and completed my granny squares.


December was a busy month and not all of the busy made it to the blog. I sewed my daughter a Christmas dress, shared a no-bake recipe and then participated in the Sew Mama Sew giveaway day. We spent a week and a half in Iowa over the holidays and had a wonderful time.

A good year, but I am looking forward to what 2014 brings. My prediction is more dresses, more cupcakes and even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!