Monday, November 4, 2013

granny square update

The squares are done! All 120 of them.

granny squares

Whew.

Now I just need to figure out how to attach them to each other and make a blanket. Shouldn't be too hard, right? I'm sure there's a tutorial out there. Any recommendations for the best way to do this would be greatly appreciated!!

This granny square blanket is part of my 30 before 30 goal list. Three years sounded like an awfully long time to get all these things done, but here it is, nearing my 30th birthday and I'll be lucky if half of them are completed. 

granny squares

Of course it makes me a little sad that I'm not going to be able to complete it on time, but I'm going to focus on the good and realize that this little goal list has helped me accomplish a lot of fun things that I might not have otherwise done. And I will still refer to it and keep ticking off projects as I finish them... slowly but surely.

Now back to my squares!

granny squares

2 comments:

  1. I think #25 is pretty close to being accomplished after finishing so many goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the squares wrong side together and single crochet along the back loop only of each stitch. Makes a much easier and neater finish than whip stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!