Thursday, January 3, 2013

baby shower

As I mentioned briefly in my last post, my family hosted a sweet baby shower for me in Iowa over Thanksgiving. Can't believe it was already a month and a half ago and I haven't even gotten around to sharing pictures!

The shower was just lovely. It was so wonderful to have the chance to see so many of my relatives - some that I haven't seen in over a year - and to celebrate our upcoming bundle of joy. Hubby and I debated whether or not to travel over Thanksgiving - mainly because of convenience and cost, but I am so glad we decided to go ahead and do it. 

So many sweet memories.

Here are a few photos from the day. All photos were taken and edited by my super talented sister, Sarah. 

To see more of her work, please visit:
Her business page: Sarah Krumm Photography
Her Etsy shop: on the road to find out


rubber ducky punch

We started out with Rubber Ducky Punch. I found the recipe here and it turned out so adorable (and yummy too!). It was especially a hit with my cousin's little girls, who asked if they could take the duckies home afterwards!

rubber ducky punch

We didn't have too much food at the shower because we had it in the afternoon after hosting a big family Thanksgiving meal. So of course, no one was really very hungry. Munchies and snacks were all we needed. But they sure looked beautiful! 

mint melties

striped cookie sticks

baby plates

jordan almonds

baby shower munchies

it's a girl! 

We received so many nice things for our little one. Clothes and toys and books and blankets. I am so thankful for my family's generosity in helping us get ready for her arrival. Everyone was just so thoughtful!




After gifts we decorated baby onesies! I had seen this idea on Pinterest and suggested it to my mom. She thought it was a great idea so we did it! We just used fusible webbing from the craft store. Just iron it on to the back of the fabric, cut out your design, peel off the backing and iron it to the onesie. So easy!

We used a variety of different sizes of onesies so that they will hopefully last baby for awhile.

decorating onesies

decorating onesies

decorating onesies

Some people made up their own designs, and I brought some simple patterns for those who weren't feeling as creative. Everybody's turned out adorable though.

decorating onesies decorating onesies

decorating onesies

decorating onesies

decorating onesies decorating onesies

 When they were finished, we hung them on a twine clothesline in the dining room. So cute!

baby shower onesies

baby shower onesies

baby shower onesies

baby shower onesies

What a fun day! And what a perfect way to prepare for baby girl's arrival!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a pretty day. The making onesies idea is very cute! I might have to steal that when I have kids. :-)

    Found you on the Etsy Blog Team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice comments! They were so fun to make and I especially loved being able to incorporate something crafty into the day. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the onesie idea! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This looks like such a fun baby shower! Congrats on your lil bundle of joy and all those family/friends celebrating with you. That blanket is so cute!

    I came by to do the following:
    1. follow your blog!
    2. Let you know that when you left a comment on my blog post the other day, you did show up as a no-reply blogger. However, when I checked your blogger profile, I did see your email. So maybe you've already fixed it. =0)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Hope you've had a great week!

    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!