Monday, October 1, 2012

it's a girl!

Remember my big announcement on Friday?

Well, we had the ultrasound and found out that we're having a little girl! I was so convinced that it was going to be a boy that it is taking awhile to sink in. I am so thrilled. And I think hubby is too. After the ultrasound, we had to sit in the waiting room again before meeting with my doctor, and I looked over at my husband and said, "I just want to go home now so that I can cry!" He told me to wait. Haha. I still haven't had my good cry yet, but every time I really think about the fact that I'm going to have a daughter, I tear up a little bit. :)

Since my in-laws live in town and were so excited to hear the news, we decided to have a little gender reveal party just for them.

I baked an [amazing!!!] pink cake - it is the Summer Strawberry Coconut Cake from the blog Candy Jamamas. Then I covered it in white buttercream frosting (from the same recipe), using the Rose Cake Tutorial from i am baker. Soooo yummy!

And I think it turned out rather lovely, if I do say so myself. I should have snapped a photo before it got dark out, because this picture just does not do the cake justice.


Then we let my mother-in-law cut the cake!

She was so excited.


And even more so when she realized it was pink!!

She had been expecting a boy the whole time, too!


This was such a fun way to announce our news. I only wish my family had been able to be here too.



Looking forward to everything about having a little girl!

8 comments:

  1. Many congratulations! As mother of two girls, I cannot think of anything nicer! My two are absolutely the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always imagined myself with girls, so I'm super excited! :)

      Delete
  2. That is such a cute idea & the cake looks so delicious! Congrats on your baby girl :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amananda, such wonderful news! So happy for you all. And that cake....oh, that cake (and i'm not even a real cake girl- it's about the ice cream to me. But strawberry with buttercream...hello? Too much fun for your inlaws. Love this post...it's just so darn happy even if you need to cry! thanks for your nice comment on Mercantile Muse. Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words!! I will confess I'm not too much of a cake girl myself - cookies and brownies are more my style! But this occasion seemed to call for cake... and it really was delicious!

      Delete
  4. ps- you have your grandmother's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What great news. :) I also took a hiatus from blogging when I realized I was pregnant last fall. And I was so convinced that we were having a boy until I found out we were having a girl! It took a few days to sink in and I just kept saying, "Huh, we're having a girl." I look forward to seeing some baby-related blog posts. :) I can't help but include them in mine as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!