Friday, October 5, 2012

19. Pay off my college loan

I'm not going to pretend that this is an exciting post. At least for anyone but me. Cuz I'm excited, though I don't really expect you to be.

I finally paid off my college loan. Yay!

I've been paying a little bit more than necessary every month for the last few years, just to kind of whittle it down a little faster. My husband and I have talked about paying off the balance for a while now and when we found out we were expecting a baby, we decided that now is the time. I'm just so thankful that was an option for us. One less monthly bill to worry about.

Hooray!

30 before 30

8 comments:

  1. That is spectacular! I know how difficult it can be to have such a annoying monthly bill that you just wish you could pay off (for us, it was our car loan). It's awesome that it's finally done!
    -Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should celebrate, with sparkling cider of course :) congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! for the baby and the loan! My hubby is trying to pay his off, but not having a full time job, in this economy has been a problem. We pay more when we can, and look forward to the day we can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can only make little payments each month on mine and it feels like it will never be paid off, so this is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will get paid off eventually... it can be done! Good luck!! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay!! I can't wait until we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very exciting post! Also inspiration for those of us still working hard to pay off student loans. I am currently able to make my monthly payment and save the payment amount. I am saving the extra amount because student loans only apply the extra you pay every month to interest, not the principle balance. When my savings account matched the balance due, I will be a very happy person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! So happy to be an inspiration! Good luck!!! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!