Wednesday, October 10, 2012

14. Eat squeaky-fresh cheese curds

Have any of you had fresh, squeaky cheese curds? If you have, you know that they are about the best thing that you could ever put in your mouth. A-maz-ing.

I grew up having cheese curds relatively often, and have become increasingly depressed that they are no where to be found here in Texas. So sad. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have the following conversation with my hubby approximately every other day: 

"You know what sounds REALLY good right now?" 

"No, what?" 

"FRESH, SQUEAKY CHEESE CURDS!!! OH MY GOODNESS, I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW!!!" 

True story.

cheese curdsm

So I added cheese curds to my 30 before 30 list, so that I wouldn't have to go too much longer without them!

And luckily, we were able to make a quick drive up to Wisconsin during our summer vacation this year. We stopped at the Shullsburg cheese factory store. I was in cheese heaven. Probably the best part of the trip. I only regret that I didn't buy more.

cheese curds

If you've never had fresh cheese curds, you're missing out. You need to get yourself up to Wisconsin and try some. Right now. You will never be the same. They are salty and delicious and squeak between your teeth. I promise they are delicious, even though they sound a little bit weird. 

And don't settle for the grocery store variety. They are almost never fresh enough. Maybe if you live in Wisconsin or near a cheese factory... but I've NEVER been satisfied with the so-called cheese curds found at the grocery store.

If you don't believe me about how good these things are, go to www.eatcurds.com. (f nothing else, it will at least prove that I'm not the only crazy one!)

cheese curds

Yum. 

This bag was gone in the drive back to our hotel. Well, not quite, but close. :)

cheese curds

Hopefully it won't be 5+ years before I get my cheese curd fix again.

30 before 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!