Friday, September 14, 2012

boston is nice

So perhaps I spoke too soon last week when I claimed I had my blogging mojo back...

No matter. 

I mentioned awhile back that I took a short trip to Boston early in the summer (waaay back in June, in fact) to attend a conference for work.

I loved Boston.

What a friendly, beautiful city! I loved how walkable it was... how beautiful it was... how historical it was... how family friendly it was... Definitely a place that I could see myself being happy to live.

While I didn't take a ton of pictures (you must remember, I spent the majority of my trip in a cold, ugly conference room), but I did want to share those that I did take with you so that you can enjoy Boston too! (And if any of you live in Boston, lucky, lucky you!)

Our hotel was right next to the Boston Common. So lovely.

I saw the famous statue of George Washington...

george washington

Big puffy flowers...

alliums

Adorable bathing birdies...

sparrow taking a bath

A cute pond with swan boats...

swan boats in boston common

I've previously shared my love of cemeteries. Well, in Boston cemeteries are called "burying grounds". Oooooh. I like.

I got to visit Paul Revere's grave...

paul revere's grave

The grave of the original Mother Goose...

mother goose's grave

The grave of Benjamin Franklin's parents, and many others...

granary burying ground

Then I took a tour of the Old State House, the site of the Boston Massacre.

old state house

We spent an afternoon lounging next to the Charles River...

boston across charles river

...watching baby duckies.

duckies!!

Awww!

Our final stop was to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. Inspiring. As expected. And in a beautiful oceanside location.

JFK library

Thanks Boston, for a great time. Hope to come back someday!

ocean from JFK library

(Can you see why I loved it?! And I forgot to even mention the amazing clam chowder!)

4 comments:

  1. I bet the clam chowder would have been #1 on my list! We love to visit historic places - the cemetery would have been on my list of stops as well. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the chowder was pretty amazing. I forgot to snap a photo of it, though! :(

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful trip & your pictures are stunning! I'm stopping by and following from "Blogging Buddies." I would love it if you would follow me back: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting! Heading over to your blog now...

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!