Tuesday, June 26, 2012

hail

Two weeks ago (wow, I can't believe it's been that long!) we had a huge hail storm. Some of the hail was baseball-sized (the picture below is after a bit of time had passed so it's safe to say the hail had melted a bit in the 90 degree weather). It happened while I was in Boston for a work trip, so I didn't get to experience it first-hand (probably a good thing!), but I feel like we are still digging out from the damage.


My car was totaled, our roof was totaled, we had broken windows. My precious plants were all beat to a pulp. Our trees are so thinned out that it looks like late autumn on our street. Crazy stuff.


So we'll be scheduling many, many repairs to our house this summer... and I'm guessing our yard won't look great until about next spring.

That said, however, it could have been lots worse. When my husband called and said "This is bad. Our house is half destroyed," I had visions of fires and tornadoes and all of our possessions lost. This isn't that bad and I feel for everyone who has gone through a disaster like that. Compared to that, this is just a hiccup and one of those inevitable challenges to being a homeowner.

We just have to dust ourselves off and keep moving. :)

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I'm so sorry this happened to you! This looks awful :( But at least you are moving on with a positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!