Monday, March 26, 2012

Bluebonnet trails

Remember I mentioned bluebonnets in my last post? (here)

Well, I saw even more of them this weekend. Millions more.

And they were gorgeous. Like a carpet of purple flowers spreading as far as the eye could see.

It's no wonder that Texans love them. I do too!

Texas bluebonnets

And their smell was simply heavenly.

I didn't expect them to have much of a smell... I guess because I never see bluebonnet scented lotion, or bluebonnet scented soap, or bluebonnet scented candles. But man oh man, there should be!

Texas bluebonnets

Amazing!

Texas bluebonnets

These bluebonnets were outside of Ennis, Texas. There are "bluebonnet trails"... basically backroads marked with signs for where to see the best flower shows. I love driving backroads (especially gravel roads!) and I love flowers, so this was my kind of trip! My husband isn't really into flowers as much as I am, but even he was impressed with some of the gorgeous views.

Texas bluebonnets

Lots of other people were out enjoying the bluebonnets with us, many of them taking photographs, like in the picture below. In the best spots, there were people everywhere! But not so many that it took away from the experience.

Texas bluebonnets

I think this just might become a new spring tradition!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I would have to be restrained from going into the field and rolling like a puppy!! (Well actually my knees would do the restraining but you get the idea LOL)
    Thank you so much for sharing the picture.
    Lush
    London, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughed at your puppy comment! :) I wanted to do that too! (If I could do it without crushing them!)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great pics. I miss the blue bonnets too.....I've tried to grow them but they just won't bloom for me.....Loveing me some Blue Bonnets.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these. Carpets of blue, everywhere. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Circle E Candles does have a Hill Country Bluebonnets scented candle!! I, too, fell in love with their scent earlier this week when I toured the Bluebonnet Trails. They are absolutely amazing this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to look into one of those candles! Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete
  5. Simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing a sweet peek with us~ your blog is a joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!