Wednesday, March 7, 2012

blossom pillow

I haven't shared a crafty post in a long time.

It's time for that to change!

So, here is a pillow I recently completed. A lovely flower pillow! I chose a buttery yellow fabric, because it was bright and cheery, and because I felt like it fit in with our decorating style. But when I finished sewing it up, I found that it didn't actually coordinate with any of our living room or bedroom furniture or fabrics. Hmm. I'm awesome like that. But no matter, I love it anyway!

flower pillow


I made this pillow using Sweetie Pie Bakery's "petal pusher pillow" pattern. It was pretty easy to follow, but there were a few details I had to make up as I went along. The biggest change was that the pattern was made to work with a 12" round pillow. I could only find 10" and 14"... so I went with 14" and I think there's a little too much blossom-less space around the edge. I guess I could add another row of petals... but probably not.



flower pillow

It was fun to make and now I can't wait to start some other projects to brighten up our house!

Have you made any projects to decorate your home with lately?

11 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great pop of color. I wish I could sew.

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinteresting-party-week-30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'll link up! Thanks for the invite. Also, you could learn to sew! I just learned about a year ago and it's not very hard! :)

      Delete
  2. What a pretty pillow!! LOVE it!! I love the fabric you used...it gives the pillow a vintage look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work! I love your choice of fabric and I love love love your chair :)) Visiting from Tutus and Tea Parties (my link is http://meehameeha.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-make-spring-vignette-in-5.html).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! If anyone else tries it out, I'd love to see your pillows too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely pillow, and the colors are so appropriate! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonya! The yellow makes me happy every time I see it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up to our Pinteresting Party! I featured this today! http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinteresting-link-party-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feature!! :)

      Delete
  7. Adorable!
    Found you today on Here's to Handy Andy - would love to have you stop by for a visit!
    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
    www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!