Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One last Christmas idea...

Christmas blog fail.

Yes, I've neglected my blog and all my readers since December 17. That's ten full days. Plus, I had a ton of fun Christmas-y ideas to write about... most of which will just have to wait until next year.

So did you all have a good Christmas? I did. It's been great to have some time off work, spend time with my husband's family and get stuff done around the house. Christmas isn't quite as nice as it was when I was a little girl, but I'm still trying to find the place where holiday enjoyment/excitement/wonder and adult responsibilities cross paths.

Anyway.

I did have one teensy little project that I really want to share. You can file it away and use it next Christmas. You're welcome, and thank you for obliging my lateness. :)

My husband and I both wanted to give out small gifts to our co-workers, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. I had pinned an idea on Pinterest many months ago and I remembered it as I was trying to think of something to make... fudge in Christmas cookie cutters! These would also be a perfect gift for friends, neighbors, mail carriers, teachers... anybody!



This was so easy. The hardest part was finding pretty metal cookie cutters that weren't too expensive. I ended up buying a 25-pack of Wilton cookie cutters on sale that ended up being only about 50 cents each. This would be a good time to watch for them on clearance!

fudge cookie cutter co-worker or neighbor gift

I set the cookie cutters on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Then I mixed up a batch of Christmas fudge and carefully poured it into each shape. If you spill a little over the edged you can tidy it up a bit after it cools, but try to keep it as neat as possible.

This step was a little bit stressful because the fudge hardens so quickly. I was able to get about 7 or so cookie cutters filled before it would get too thick and stop pouring. If you have a fudge recipe that takes longer to harden, that might work better. I did scoop out the remaining fudge and press it into the cutters with a spoon, but those didn't look quite as nice as the ones that were poured. I was able to fill 10 medium-sized cookie cutters with each batch of fudge.

Then, while the fudge is still soft, decorate it by pressing in mini m&ms or sprinkles. This is what really makes them cute!

fudge cookie cutter co-worker or neighbor gift

I printed little tags for each one and then put them in a mylar goodie bag tied with ribbon. I thought they were adorable (and super yummy!) and I sure hope our co-workers thought so too!
fudge cookie cutter co-worker or neighbor gift

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I think I'll keep an eye out for Christmas cookie cutters on clearance now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making Fudge, what a great gift for someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I gave these as gifts but my mom asked me how to get the fudge out of the Cookie cutters. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! So nice of you to make them for your mom! I just pushed the fudge out of the cookie cutters. Most of them came out cleanly, but either way they tasted great!

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!