Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas tree cake

 My husband had a work Christmas party this week and he was assigned to bring a dessert. He wanted to make a Christmas tree cake with this fancy cake pan that we've had for a few years and never used.

3D Christmas tree cake

The pan makes a Christmas tree in two halves, which then are stuck together with frosting to form a three-dimensional tree. We used the recipe on the cake pan box, which was for butter rum cake, and it was super yummy.

3D Christmas tree cake

I won't even go into the trials and tribulations I went through to get this cake decorated, but I was reasonably happy with how it turned out. At least I think it looks like a tree!

3D Christmas tree cake

Then came the question of how to get it to the party.

I wrapped it loosely in cellophane, which worked quite well because it didn't stick to the frosting the way that saran wrap would.

3D Christmas tree cake

Verdict? Success. Everyone loved it and now I'm not scared to make it again in the future.

I've been super busy this week... and I bet everyone else has been too! It just seems to go with the territory this time of year, doesn't it?

I hope you are all excited for my "Week of no-bake Christmas party treats"... first post goes up tomorrow! Be ready for some yummy treat ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That looks sooo delicious and sooo hard to decorate!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!