Wednesday, December 28, 2011

20. Try sushi

I did it! I tried sushi!

And I didn't even mean to!

Well, let me rephrase that. I didn't accidentally eat sushi. I don't think that's probably possible. But on Christmas day, we were at my in-law's home working on a Christmas puzzle and my mother-in-law went in the kitchen to get some appetizers. Well, I'm used to appetizers like little smokies and hot bean dip, so imagine my suprise when she brings out a plate of sushi!

And also let me clarify that I haven't been scared of sushi, or even avoiding it, really. It's just that I grew up rural Iowa and sushi is... well... scarce around there. At least compared to how common it seems to be in big cities. So I've just never been in the right place at the right time. But on Sunday the sushi gods were shining on down on me.

I tried sushi!

It was ok.

I wouldn't mind having it again, but I'm certainly not going to be craving it either. I don't know, maybe it's one of those acquired tastes. I think the part that turned me off a bit was the fact that it is cold. I don't know... I rather like my food to be hot or at least warm in most cases (case in point: little smokies would never be served cold!).

That's about all I have to say about it. Certainly not as life-changing as I had hoped. But I did knock off one more of my goals.

4 comments:

  1. I was 'never in the right place' either until this past year. I tried and it was ok. Now I eat it a lot. It has grown on me and is a simple small meal. The grocery store by me makes it fresh daily and so every now and again we pick it up for cheap.

    Yay for knocking it off your list. Maybe I should make a list since 30 is creeping up on me..... Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I still haven't succumbed but good for you! I don't even plan on putting it on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm sure sushi is something that I could get used to if I ate it more often, but right now I don't really have the desire! Not sure what will be coming up next, but keep posted! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!