Monday, November 21, 2011

Sock Monkey

Thought you might like to see my newest little project.

A sock monkey!

sock monkey for Craft Hope

He's not quite perfect (you can't tell in the picture, but his tail is quite crooked!), but I hope he will be loved.

You see, he is already all packed up and on his way to Jade, founder of Craft Hope, who is going to help him and hundreds of other fellow sock monkeys find new homes with children who lost their homes in the Texas wildfires this summer.

sock monkey for Craft Hope

I hope his crooked little tail will bring some comfort to little ones who have had a rough and uncertain year.

If you'd be interested in making a sock monkey to donate, check out this post. It also includes a link to some great sock monkey patterns. While the deadline for the project is Thanksgiving (yes, I'm a little slow), Jade has stated that she will never turn handmade items away, and that even if they are late, she will make sure they are distributed.

sock monkey for Craft Hope

I'm so happy I could do something to help and I'm sure this little monkey will be loved. It certainly makes me appreciate all that I have.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love these kinds of projects that benefit kids! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! how can you say that he is not perfect! Yes, he is! Lovely and sweet, perfect as a pee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's absolutely adorable!!!! I love his stripes and his hat!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!