Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No-bake Holiday Treats: Take 2!

Last year around this time, I posted an entire week of no-bake holiday recipes. Man, it was a lot of work... making a new recipe each evening when I got home from work, then photographing and writing a blog post about it that night. But it was also a lot of fun! I love sharing easy ideas that will make your holiday parties and get-togethers simpler and more enjoyable. I know this is not really a recipe blog, but I sure love my treats! (And no-bake treats are just so easy and satisfying... plus everyone and their dog already shares regular baked goods recipes, I like to do something different!)

So, after thinking long and hard about it, I've decided to run "A Week of No-Bake Holiday Treats" again this year! Yay!

But this year will be a little different. You see, I used up SEVEN of my go-to no-bake recipes last year. I just don't know if I can come up with seven more on my own.

That's where you come in! I want YOU to share your favorite (no-bake) holiday treats on my blog! Yes, I'm looking for guest bloggers to share a recipe and write up a post about it. I will run your guest posts on December 10-16, just in time for all the Christmas and holiday parties coming up.

To get your gears turning, here are the yummies I shared on my blog last year:








So do you want to participate? I'm sure you have a special family recipe that you make every year... or maybe a regional favorite... or even a brand new recipe that you just love! Remember, this would be great publicity for your blog (I'll definitely share a link!) and its always so much fun to share new recipes with each other!

Here are the rules:
* You don't need to be a blogger to do a guest post. You just have to have a good no-bake recipe!

* Recipes that qualify as "no-bake" must not use the oven. They can require heating over the stove or in the microwave, but no actual baking is allowed!

* I need proposals by next Monday, Nov. 28 at 8pm CST. After that time, I will email you to let you know whether your recipe was accepted.

* If your recipe is accepted, I will need your guest post and photographs by Wednesday, December 7. Recipe posts will run on my blog from December 10-16.

To send a proposal:
Send an email to amanda.brekhus@gmail.com with the following information:
* Name of treats and brief description
* URL to your blog (if you have one!)

That's it! Super simple!

I really hope this will generate lots of interest! If I don't get any volunteers to write guest posts, I just don't know if I'll be able to do it again on my own!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I wish I had a no bake recipe to guest post...but I will be checking for the ones that are posted!

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinteresting-linky-party-week-fourteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really fun. I can't wait to check back and see great items are included in your no bake holiday treat week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those goodies from last year sure look good! I do have some no bake treat recipes up my sleeve. If you need some, or need another guest post, email me!

    Happy Thanksgiving Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!