Saturday, October 8, 2011

The best time of the year

I love fall. It's my favorite season of all.
I love the crispy, cool days where jeans and a sweatshirt are just perfect.
I love the beautifully colored leaves, pumpkins and gourds.
I love going to the apple orchard and drinking hot apple cider.
It's just such a lovely time of year.

We haven't really reached the loveliness down here in Texas, it's still pretty hot out, and the leaves don't really change colors the way they do in the midwest. But it's still fall, gosh-darnit. And if the weather's not going to cooperate, I'm going to make it feel like fall anyway!

fairytale pumpkins

So... my husband I and picked out pumpkins today. We didn't go anywhere special, just to the grocery store (but it still took us just as long as usual to decide on which to buy!). They had this variety that I had never seen before called 'Fairytale Pumpkins' (in photo), and I just love them! They were more expensive than the regular carving pumpkins, but they were just too cool, so we came home with a couple. Have you ever heard of them or seen them before? Oh, and we got a couple to carve too... I'm so excited!

I think I'm going to go bake an apple pie and decorate the house with autumn decorations. That should put me in a happy frame of mind. How have you been celebrating the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!