Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

Did you have a fun day?

Halloween was probably my favorite holiday as a kid, but it's gotten decidedly less exciting now that I'm a grown-up. We don't really have kids in the neighborhood so we don't get trick-or-treaters... candy isn't that exciting because I can get it anytime I want... and kid costumes are just more fun than adult ones.

But I made it fun anyway. I made these cute peanut butter pumpkins that I found on Pinterest. They were so easy and turned out just adorable. The recipe made about a million (more like 60) so I definitely had to bring some to work (and send some with hubby), but everyone enjoyed them! A new Halloween tradition, I think!

peanut butter pumpkin treats

And we carved pumpkins on Saturday night. I just love carving pumpkins... the smell of cut pumpkin, the messy, gooey pumpkin guts, baking the seeds and munching on them as we carve. Yes, I still love it.

Anyway, here are our masterpieces. Hubby made the scary raven and I made the cute owl. We found the patterns on the HGTV website and they worked just perfectly!

carved jack-o-lanterns

Well, that's a wrap. On to November. Yikes, holidays are coming at us quickly these days!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a pleasant evening. Love those peanut butter pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!