Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fabric pumpkins

I just had to share another of my recent projects with you. I made these fabric pumpkins last weekend using this tutorial at Danielle Thompson's blog. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow and I was so excited about how cute they turned out. I used some cozy plaid flannel for mine and you can see they turned out looking totally different than hers, so they are very customizable depending on your style.

fabric pumpkins

I thoroughly recommend this project. I was able to whip them up in just a couple hours and they came together much easier after I finished the first one. The pumpkins make me grin every time I see them and I'll be able to set them out year after year.

fabric pumpkins


They're so cute and so satisfying that I might even have to make a few more!

fabric pumpkins

Have you done any autumn crafting?


Shared here:
Todays Creative Bloglife by the bookButton

12 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I wish I had time to make a few for myself. I have some ideas for fall craftiness, but not a whole lot on the go. Mostly we spent the last couple of weeks planning Thanksgiving dinner and making hot apple cider with an Earl Grey tea bag steeped in it! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!...I love the fabrics you chose (so Fall!). A couple hours to whip them up??? You are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love these! I love the fabric patterns you chose! The mid-size one is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these! Your fabrics are perfect, especially the bold plaid one. I looked at the tutorial and may have to try them myself!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda!

    I love your pumpkins. They look SO cute!!
    Thanks for sharing the link :)
    Thank you also for stopping by my blog recently and your sweet comment. Appreciate!
    have a nice weekend,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pumpkins are super cute! Love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these! You did a great job! They look so cute!

    Thanks for linking up for this weeks Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it took me a few days to make it here (sorry!) but I'm so glad I did. These pumpkins are so adorable!! I think I may have to check out the tutorial and try it for myself. I love the flannels you chose- so fall-ish and earthy. Thank you so much for linking up with me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how sweet! I haven't really thought about textile pumpkins so far but yours really look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have taken fabric that I've seen around and made it fresh and new. So fun! I have pinned this and am visiting from a Pinteresting Party. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alex and I love the plaid one! These are really fun-you are just so crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!