Thursday, October 20, 2011

Autumn pom poms

I just couldn't resist making some autumn-colored pom poms. I haven't made pom poms since I was a little girl (my grandma made them with me once!) and I had so much fun that I went a little overboard. I used up 3 whole skeins of yarn last weekend, just on pom poms. I strung some of them on some yarn to make a garland to decorate our fireplace. I stuck a few others on the ends of small twigs to make pom pom 'flowers' which I put in pretty vases. I still have a bunch more to do something with... hmmm... any other fun pom pom ideas?

halloween autumn pom pom garland and flowers

If you've never made pom poms before, they are quite easy (and addicting!)

Here is a good tutorial describing the method I used.

halloween autumn pom pom garland

Fall just inspires me to be crafty... probably more than any other time of the year.
How about you?

halloween autumn pom pom garland

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of pompom flowers on twigs, I shall have to try that

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pompoms go so well with your fabric pumpkins! The ones on the twigs are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw these, I thought they were some sort of spiky dried plant. But no . . . they are the cutest little soft pompoms. I love this idea, and now I want to make some for Christmas gifts. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could sew a pom pom onto the top of a winter hat and.... Voila!! A new and fun and stylish hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pom poms make a cute garland! Wouldn't that be cute for Christmas too! I haven't made those in years.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!