Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sarah's wedding

As I've mentioned before, my sister got married in Iowa two weekends ago. Hubby and I drove up for the big day and I got to be in the wedding and everything!

It was a wonderful day... a bit chilly as it was an outdoor wedding, but everything went off as planned and we had a great time. The flowers (and the bride!) were gorgeous, the cake delicious and the ceremony meaningful.

I absolutely loved being in my home state for the second time in a month, and even more, I enjoyed being with family, some of whom I haven't seen in several years. It was great catching up with everyone... wish it could have lasted longer! Anyway, without further ado, here are some photos (most not by me, some taken by my husband and some taken by my cousin's wife) of the big event!








Love you guys! Congrats again and hope you're having a great time in Ireland! :)

4 comments:

  1. everyone looks beautiful and happy. your sister's dress is gorgeous and i love the bouqets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress looks very familiar...did Sarah let you wear black dresses that you already owned? What a nice bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela: Thanks! I thought it was beautiful too! She wanted the bouquets to look like she went into a field and picked a bunch of wildflowers... and I think they do! :)

    Kelly: Yes, Sarah was a pretty laid-back bride! (But you're probably the only one who has seen that dress before! I bought it for the Kersting exhibit opening and haven't worn it since!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! This is the best post ever! I'm so glad you got a bunch of photos that day-these are great. It's nice to see a different perspective other than the actual wedding photographer. Copies/jpegs sometime? :D Thanks for making that day amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!