Sunday, August 14, 2011

homemade bread

I made homemade bread tonight and it was sooo good. And it is suprisingly easy! I don't know why I've never tried it before. I guess bread always sounded like a complicated thing to make.. I mean, people buy fancy machines just to make bread for them... I figured it must be hard. But it's not! It sliced perfectly and was delicious straight out of the oven... topped with a bit of butter... mmmm!! I know I'm going to be making this more often.

I used this recipe. (I did have to add some extra water because when I mixed all the ingredients the dough was super dry, but it turned out perfect!) You should try it... I promise it'll make your day!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I used to make fresh bread all the time. It gets harder with age. Or maybe it's just me, and dealing with the autoimmune thing?

    But...that is one BEAUTIFUL loaf of bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would make bread for you Della! But I have to admit that I cheated and used the dough hook on my mixer to do the kneading... maybe that's why I thought it was so easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing I love better than warm homemade bread! And yours looks perfect! By the way, I never make it with a machine. I just so believe that it has to be touched to be good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!