Monday, August 8, 2011

Bottle cap magnets

Here's a fun little project I found on Pinterest awhile back and finally got around to making... magnets from bottle caps!

bottle cap magnets

I've been saving bottle caps from unusual soda and beer bottles for several years now, knowing that eventually I would think of a use for them. Several times, I almost tossed them, but kept them around... just in case. And I'm so glad I did!

To make this super-easy craft, just glue magnets to the back of colorful bottle caps. I would suggest hot glue, just because you can make it really "fat" (pile it on!). If the glue isn't thick enough, the magnets don't stick out past the edges of your bottle caps and they will fall off your fridge. This is one of those projects that are rather satisfying to make... not only are the cute and useful, but they only take about 5 minutes to put together!

bottle cap magnets



4 comments:

  1. These are fun! My daughter and I made bottle cap tacks and magnets using beer caps from her hubby. We set them in with resin. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea! How come I never thought of it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Della - hmmm... I've never used resin before but it seems intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!