Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Road Trip 2011 - Day 7

To cap off a great Colorado vacation, we spent the day at Rocky Mountain National Park. And it was gorgeous. Just like we expected. We saw probably hundreds of elk in various herds. Some we even got to get up close and personal with. Amazing. Though we unfortunately didn't see any other large animals (hubby was hoping to see a moose and I really wanted to see the mountain goats), it was a beautiful park and a great way to end our trip.

Can't believe we start our long drive back to Texas in the morning. While I can't say I'm looking forward to the heat, it will be nice to be home, and I am looking forward to cuddling with my kitties!

Rocky Mountain National Park

2 comments:

  1. If you'd like to see moose, Alaska is a great place to visit. I have seen a few in Idaho, too!

    The only bad part about a vacation is the long drive home. I bet your kitties miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!