Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Road Trip 2011 - Day 1

Yay! Hubby and I are finally on vacation! We needed this so bad. We haven't taken a trip for two full years. I hope to return home refreshed and rejuvenated. It's so nice to just get away for awhile.

Since this trip is so exciting to me, I've decided to bring all of you along with us! Each day, I will (try!) to post a photo that represents what we did or saw on vacation that day. Photos will probably be from my iphone, so the quality may not be perfect, and I may not have much to say (I *am* on vacation!) but it should be fun nonetheless.

So... where are we traveling to? The mountains of Colorado! YAY! I've only ever been to Denver, so I'm excited to spend some time up in the mountains, hiking and rafting and sightseeing. So excited. We just crossed into the mountains before we stopped for the night, so for today, I am sharing a photo of what we saw on our loooong drive... red dirt, bright blue skies and hardly a tree in sight! This particular photo is from New Mexico.

summer drive in New Mexico

Hope you all enjoy the trip! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you picked a vacation spot! Colorado will be awesome! Did you get to make any stops in New Mexico when you drove through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trips!!! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be fun! Colorado is beautiful! You will love the mountains :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!