Saturday, April 9, 2011

Roses Everywhere!

The people who lived at our house before us must have loved roses, because we have about a dozen rose bushes in our yard. They are in every color imaginable - the full range of pinks... purple... dark red... yellow... orange... peach.

Roses have never been my favorite flower. Maybe they're too showy. Or too cliche. Maybe it's the thorns [hey, is there poison in those thorns? because I swear, every time one pokes me the cut gets infected]. Maybe it's the fact that I've always thought rose-scented sprays or perfumes are nauseatingly strong.

So it comes as a surprise for me to say that I've started loving roses. They are quite easy to take care of [as long as you wear gloves!] and make the yard so beautiful. Not to mention, I get the perfect lovely whiff of fresh flower every time I walk up to the front door.

I just had to share some photos of the roses that are now in bloom.

beautiful roses

Pretty in pink.

 
beautiful roses

My favorite: a miniature rosebush with yellow flowers changing to pink on the edges.

 

beautiful roses

Beautiful even in its imperfection.

 
beautiful roses

Just about ready to open!

 
beautiful roses

What a show!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you put these pictures up, now I don't have to keep guessing what they look like!! They are absolutely beautiful, you are so lucky!! My purple and yellow crocuses are blooming, ahhhh spring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly stunning photos! What kind of camera were you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the note, Orangie! I just use a point-and-shoot camera - an Olympus Stylus 1010. It takes very nice photos for what it is and then I do a bit of editing in either Photoshop or Picnik (usually Picnik, b/c it's faster and easier!) Someday, I'd love to get a big, fancy camera, but for now, this one works for my purposes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!