Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peeps Wrap-Up

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Mine was great... I colored eggs, went to a concert in the park, saw lots of cute puppy dogs, had a yummy dinner and got my first sunburn of the season!

I hope you'll indulge me for just one more Peeps-related post... I've had such fun this season and my patterns were so popular, that I just had to share a few more fun tidbits.

First, the results of my informal Peeps poll...

Over the last couple weeks, 131 people voted in my poll about how they prefer their Marshmallow Peeps. I found that of those people who voted, only 28% dislike Peeps, while the other 72% love them. In real life, I have found the Peeps lovers and haters to be more of a 50:50 split.  Possibly the poll was skewed in favor of Peeps because it was more likely for Peeps lovers to visit my blog to see the plushie patterns. Or, maybe all those people who tell me to my face that they hate Peeps are actually Peep lovers in disguise.

What do you think?

results of informal peeps poll


Of those polled who claimed to love Peeps, there was quite a noticable difference in how they prefer to eat the candy. 30% of respondents prefer their Peeps straight out of the box. A very similar number of people (27%) like to eat Peeps that have set out for a few days and become a bit stale and chewier. Only 15% of respondents claimed to like their Peeps in any way, shape, or form.

I guess that this poll proved something we probably knew all along: people are very opinionated when it comes to Marshmallow Peeps candy. You either love 'em or you hate 'em... but even if you love 'em, there is a good chance that you have a strong preference for how they should be eaten.

results of informal peeps poll


A very informational poll, if I do say so myself. :p

I know I've said it before, but I was thrilled with the response to my patterns, and now that I've seen some of the creations and posts inspired by them, it makes me even more excited. Unfortunately, I can't share everybody's, but I thought these mini-peep hairclips were adorable, this peep party sounds like fun, and these little peeps turned out just perfect for Easter! [FYI, if there are any quilters out there, Cookie Nut Creations, a blog that featured my pattern here is hosting an I Spy Quilt Block Swap and is still looking for more participants... looks like lots of fun!] To see more finished Peeps, check out my Flickr page - so many cute examples. Also, please add your photos if you made any yourself! I've just had so much fun getting to know so many great bloggers and readers in the last month... THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! :)

And finally, a couple more Peep related items...

You should definitely check out the Washington Post's 2011 Peeps Show... amazing! Though the winner has already been chosen (a diorama inspired by the Chilean miners' rescue), voting is still open for the crowd favorite! I just had to vote for the entry inspired by the book "The Very Hungry Caterpiller" - so creative and artsy!!

Also, check out this video for a funny Easter prank!

Ok, I promise I'm done now! :)

1 comment:

  1. I eat my Peeps right ear, left ear, head, body. :) I LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!