Sunday, April 10, 2011

Peeps for Cats

My kitty cats got their Easter treats early this year. Easter treats for cats, you say?

Yep, they got their own bite-sized versions of my marshmallow bunny and chick plushies. Spoiled cats!

I figured they deserved their own, since they sat in my craft room with me every night while I worked on the prototypes and design for the original marshmallow peeps patterns.


I just printed out the patterns at a reduced size, stuffed them with a mix of stuffing and catnip, and the cats can't get enough!

If you'd like to make your own, just print the bunny and chick patterns at 50% size. [Or, if your printer is being finicky like mine was, just choose the setting "2 pages per sheet" which will give you approximately 50% reduction in size]. I then cut out the fleece and handsewed the peeps according to the instructions on the pattern. You could probably machine sew these if you're skilled, but I was worried about messing up, so I just took it slow and did it by hand. Stuff with polyester filling and some catnip and your cats will love you forever!

marshmallow peeps cat toys

marshmallow peeps cat toys

marshmallow peeps cat toys

Also, if you haven't already, please vote in the Marshmallow Peeps Poll along the right hand column! I'm learning some very interesting things about the habits of both Peep-lovers and Peep-haters. :)

10 comments:

  1. I think the cats love them!!My cats will probably need some!thank you for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ya gotta keep your #1 fans happy, don't you? Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Beyond clever.

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable is that? they are so in love right now!!!

    hehehe those are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I just finished 4 full sized Bunny Peeps and will definitely be making some of these for the kitties. Thanks so much for these fun patterns.
    I do have trouble making the eyes round. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great idea. Thanks. I love the cats. They're too cute with their new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! They are beautiful.I love Them (I sorry for the spelling, I'm Spanish)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're adorable! I'll be sure to make some bite sized plushies for my cats too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!