Sunday, March 27, 2011

Max-A-Million

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole week since I last posted... I guess nothing very interesting has happened in my life lately!

I received a note via Facebook a couple days ago that I'd like to share with you. The note told the story of Max Low, from my homestate of Iowa, a 12-year-old who has been battling leukemia for the last 6 years. Things have gotten pretty bad... and he's now waiting for a bone marrow transplant which could be his last chance at recovery. His wish is to receive 1 million cards. That's a lot of cards, but he has already received thousands from around the world. I am mailing him a card tomorrow from my husband and I... and I do hope it will make him smile. I would love it if all of you could take the time to send a card or letter, encouraging this sweet little boy to keep his head up and to keep fighting. If you have kids, have them each send a note or a picture to Max. If you are a teacher, this could be a class project. The more cards the better! Remember, it only costs 44 cents to mail a letter... such a little amount, for such a lot of happiness.



If you decide to send a letter to Max, here is his address:
    
     Mighty Max Low
     P.O. Box 111
     Neola, Iowa 51559

Thank you all! You guys are awesome... thank you for making a difference!!!

To read more about Max, here is an article that ran in the Des Moines Register: 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea for a blog post, and to make this boys life brighter! Who doesn't like to receive mail? I am sending healing, happy thoughts to Mighty Max.. and a card, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!