Monday, March 28, 2011

A Fun Vintage/Crafty Read

My husband and I went shopping at Half Price Books this weekend (love that place!) and I found something so great that I just had to share!

It's called "The Apron Book" by EllynAnne Geisel and it is so fun! I've seen it in regular bookstores before, but I rarely buy books at full price so I was so excited to see it turn up at Half Price Books... and in like-new condition!

The Apron Book

The book is full of memories, stories, old photos, recipes, tips and most importantly, pictures of tons of lovely vintage aprons. Now, a year ago I might not have looked twice at this book, but my new-found love of fabric and sewing has prevailed and this along with my love of vintage and history made this book impossible to resist.

The Apron Book

There are even patterns for sewing three different styles of aprons - and the patterns in the envelope in the back of the book have not even been opened! I can't believe someone could buy this and then sell it at Half Price Books. Must have been an unwanted gift... well, it's wanted now!

The Apron Book

I've only read a couple pages, but this book is so lovely... can't wait to read more! Be sure to check it out!

The Apron Book

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday :)

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it a lovely book?! I thoroughly enjoy my copy. Read it cover to cover when I first got it and now I just enjoy rereading specific stories and looking at the wonderful photos. What a great book to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful!! Found you on EBT and I'm just following/saying hi. I love cute aprons. :))

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful book! I hope you'll be sharing your experience with your first apron project from it. I can't believe it came with actual pattern pieces--AND a cookie recipe? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! what a treasure.. who would give that up?

    we are starting a new tradition at our place... that i get a new apron every easter. haha. i think it will be fun to see what the kids and Nick pick out for me and I love that when my kids grow up, they'll have a nice and sentimental collection to start off with! (:

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!