Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Swap - Part 2

Remember how I talked about the Valentine's Craft Swap a few weeks back? Well, I received my gift in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to share it! My swap partner sent me a beautiful felt dahlia (or chrysanthemum) pin. I have seen the pattern for this online [here], but have never worked up the courage to make one. I think it's lovely and am so excited to pin it onto my jacket. Thanks, Patty!


handmade felt dahlia pin

There's even a cute little Valentine tucked into the pocket on the back!


handmade felt dahlia pin


Modeling my new beautiful pin (looks great on my hooded sweatshirt, haha).

handmade felt dahlia pin

I bet at this point you're wondering what I sent her. Well, I sewed this cute heart potholder from a pattern at on the Martha Stewart website. I used vintage fabrics that my grandmother had saved. I think it turned out cute, don't you? It even has pockets for your hands to make it easier to take hot pans out of the oven. I also tucked in a wire wrapped vintage glass heart button ring. I hope she likes her gifts as much as I like mine!


heart potholder

2 comments:

  1. These are both adorable... and I LOVE that little secret pocket on the back of the flower pin. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like your gift, I too enjoyed mine.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!