Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Signs of Spring

Hellebores in Texas

I got a lovely surprise when I stepped outside this weekend. Looks like spring is on its way!

Hellebores in Texas

I looked these flowers up online and they are called Hellebores... which I didn't even know we had! I'm excited to see what other surprises pop up in our yard... it is our first spring here!

I know there are lots of nice flowers down here to look forward to (read: Crepe Myrtles!), but I am wondering if my favorite spring flowers exist in Texas: Lily of the Valley & Lilacs??

Texans and/or other Southerners... please do comment!

Hellebores in Texas

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE lilacs!! In my country (Hungary) lilacs are everywhere - I miss that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had lilacs in Idaho, but none in Florida. I looovvvve Lily of the Valley! They are so pretty. Unfortunately I think it's too hot in Florida for them. The hellebores are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the weather just wonderful!? I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!