Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Heart my Hubby!

This one's for you, hubby!

We met in college. Sophomore year. I wasn't much of a "dater" and I wasn't looking for anyone, keeping pretty busy overall with my studies. He played tuba in the college wind ensemble. I played clarinet. I guess you could say we met through mutual friends . . . after sitting at the same table in the Caf for dinner several weeks in a row, we started walking back to our dorms together at night. Eventually, I invited him up to see our "illegal" pet hamster . . . and we played the first of many games of LIFE on the computer. I always won - and that bugged him a lot!

Our relationship grew during our years in college . . . our time together consisted of many hours of study (and talk!) in the library, evening walks around town, a trip to Europe (with our Wind Ensemble), and lots of emails and instant messaging.

We spent much of our time long distance, as he was from Texas and I from Iowa. When he went home over summer and other breaks, we spent hours each night on the phone together and wrote letters (both emails and snail mail) like mad. Eventually he proposed during our senior year of college, on a bridge over the river during one of our evening walks. We got married a little over a year later, and it was one of the most wonderful days of my life.

Fast forward 3.5 years and he is still my best friend. And the only one I want to go through life with. I'm so lucky to have a such a smart, caring, fun, loving husband who puts up with my craziness and introduces me to new interests and ideas. Though it's not always easy, I wouldn't want it any other way. I am so thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life with him, and I can't wait to see where our life leads!

 Happy Valentine's Day, my love!

{Sparrow Images}


7 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww! That was so sweet! Gorgeous picture!

    -Tiffany with Will Write 4 Food

    --Home--
    http://www.willwrite4food.co

    --Blog--
    http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love story is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story, gorgeous wedding photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the story, and the photo! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture on the bridge is magic!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!