Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Goal


Ok, I've been meaning to post about my New Year's resolution(s) for a couple of days now . . . the only problem was that I couldn't pin down a resolution that I know I will really be able to stick to. And there are sooo many things I need to work on! So, I've decided to make just ONE resolution this year, but it is broad enough that it will encompass many different parts of my life.

Here it is:
In 2010, I resolve to quit waiting for things to happen.

That's it.

Quit waiting to eat healthier . . . just do it!
Quit waiting to clean the toilet (or vacuum the house, or organize the junk drawer) . . . just do it!
Quit waiting to reply to an email from a friend or acquaintance . . . just do it!
Quit waiting to try a new project or decorate the house or learn something new . . . just do it!
Quit waiting to live my life, or to have fun . . . just do it!

See? It is quite versatile. It's not just about procrastination, though I am a procrastinator . . . it's more about realizing that I don't always have to wait for the perfect conditions, for the stars to somehow magically align, to do things.
It's about jumping in with both feet and actively trying to make a difference.
Life will only be as good as I make it and I plan to make it a great year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful resolution! Taking a stand and realizing that you should act instead of wait is a great change for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in the tag. I love your anti-procrastination themed resolution! I need to follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful resolution and I love the way you expressed it!
    Happy New Year!

    I found your blog on the Etsy forum, follow back if you like what you see.

    http://felicitylingle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!